This has been a tremendous year for Louisiana. We have won more as a community than ever before, but there is still so much work to be done. So, what have we seen in 2016?
- Killed all the bad LGBT bills in the 2016 legislative sessions!
- Had all LGBT nondiscrimination bills pass out of committee and move to the Senate floor for the first time ever!
- A fully-inclusive Executive Order signed by Gov. John Bel Edwards!
- Successful All-American Acclaim Awards Gala!
- Hosted national and state leaders for the last White House LGBT Summit!
These are some amazing wins for our state. But, what will be in store for us in 2017?
We know we will continue to battle the Attorney General on the Governor’s Executive Order, fight against anti-LGBT bills (again!), and continue to extinguish homophobia and transphobia. And while we don’t know yet what sort of environment we will face at the federal level, know we have been here for over twenty-seven years with no plans on backing down now!
Forum for Equality’s New Year’s resolution is to continue to be a force of equality and justice through action and engagement. Support us in 2017 by making a donation to sustain our work next year. Make your donation here before the stroke of Midnight on Saturday!
With Liberty and Justice for all,
Executive Director, Forum for Equality